Report a Concern

Report a Concern

Academic Integrity Policy or Conduct Issue Involving a Student or Campus Organization

The Office of Academic Integrity & Student Conduct is dedicated to safeguarding and addressing issues in the university community. Every member of the UC Irvine community has the right to a safe and ethical learning environment. We encourage individuals to report issues in our community. For more information,   contact OAISC

Animal Welfare Concerns

The IACUC(Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee) relies on the observations of individuals to ensure the well-being of all research animals. All research personnel as well as animal husbandry staff are encouraged to contact the   IACUC Administrative Office  if there are concerns.

Hate, Bias or Other Campus Climate Issues

The University of California's Principles of Community are grounded in our mission of instruction, research and public service.   We value diversity, inclusion, and a climate free of discrimination, intolerance, and hate.  If you experience or observe behavior that is inconsistent with our Principles of Community, please report it.

For more information:

Human Research Concerns or Complaints

Human Research Protections (HRP) is concerned about the safety, rights and welfare of all individuals participating in research studies conducted by UCI personnel and/or at UCI, UCI Medical Center, or affiliated sites. All research concerns or complaints reported to the HRP are taken seriously.

For more information, contact   HRP

Injury or Safety Concerns or Near Misses

Injuries, safety concerns or near-misses occurring on campus or while participating in University business should be reported within 24 hours. For more information,   contact  Environmental Health & Safety .

*If you are concerned about an immediate threat to life or property, or need to report a criminal activity in progress, please call 911.

Research Misconduct

Research Misconduct is defined by federal law and University policy as fabrication, falsification, or plagiarism in proposing, performing, or reviewing research, or in reporting research results. If you suspect that research misconduct has occurred, contact the Research Integrity Officer (RIO) at (949) 824-5796 to submit an oral or written complaint. If you are unsure whether a suspected incident falls within the definition of research misconduct, you may consult with the RIO to discuss the incident informally.

For more information, contact   Office of Research

Sexual Harassment, Sexual Violence or Discrimination

If you have witnessed, experienced, or been informed of an act of sexual harassment, sexual violence, or discrimination, please report it to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, the UCI Police Department, or both. For more information,   contact OEOD  or  UCI Police Department.

*If you are concerned about an immediate threat to life or property, or need to report a criminal activity in progress, please call 911.

Whistleblower Report

You may report suspected unlawful acts such as corruption, bribery, theft or misuse of university property, fraudulent claims, fraud, coercion, willful omission to perform duty; or economic waste; or gross misconduct, gross incompetence or gross inefficiency; or any condition that may significantly threaten the health or safety of employees or the public. For more information,   contact the Whistleblower Office